For those of you following a gluten free and paleo diet, the occasional comfort food meal is encouraged, so long as you stick to the healthy Paleo guidelines. So when I saw this post on Cavegirl Cuisine’s site for a gluten free, paleo eggplant recipe, I had to share it. Our version is slightly modified, but you can see her original version here.
What I love about this recipe is the almond meal which helps the eggplant maintain a crunchy, fried, aspect to it, even though it’s baked. So you can enjoy this guilt-free, delish version of a formerly unhealthy meal!
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup marinara sauce or fresh diced tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups of greens (I used arugula)
- 1T macadamia nut oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Peel eggplant and slice into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl.
- Place almond meal in another bowl.
- Dredge each eggplant round in the eggs and then coat with the almond meal on each side.
- Place on the parchment paper
- Repeat for all of the eggplant.
- Drizzle or mist the oil over the coated rounds.
- Salt and pepper lightly.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, place a cup of greens on each plate.
- Divide the cooked eggplant among the plates.
- Put a 1/4 cup of marinara sauce or fresh tomatoes over the top of each serving. Enjoy!
[…] people I love to hearty winter soups all without sugar are artificial sweetened and stem removed) diced 1tbs oil 3 cups broccoli 3 cups almond flour. In order to actually an paleo salmon salad accumulation of […]