I completely admire people who can cook; while I LOVE food, I sadly didn’t inherit the cooking gene so I default to recipes by those uber-talented folks I’ve discovered online. So today I share with you a recipe I ran across from a fellow Paleo girl. It looks divine and I’m hoping I can convince my hubby to make it for us this weekend 🙂 Thanks to Girlmeetspaleo for this inspired dish!
- 3 sliced peppers
- 1 whole onion
- 2 TBSP Coconut Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 lb Organic Carne Asada
- 1 whole avocado
- garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
- TBSP chopped onions
- Small diced cherry tomato
- Saute peppers and onion in a pan on medium heat with coconut oil and some salt and pepper for approximately 2 minutes (or until they start to turn brown on the sides).
- While the veggies are sautéing, cook the carne asada on high heat in a cast iron skillet (add seasoning of choice) for approximately 4-5 minutes each side.
- Mash up an avocado with the garlic, onion, tomato, and sprinkle with salt & pepper right before topping the meal. Enjoy!