- Food Allergies
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Almond Flour – a bakers alternative
- Celiac disease
- Gluten and cross reactive foods
- Gluten Free booze
- Gluten free children
- Gluten free resources
- How to go Gluten Free
- Is it a healthier diet?
- Potential AutoImmune Disorders
- Safe for Gluten Free Diets
- Unsafe for Gluten-free diets
- Understanding lab results
- GMO Foods & You
- Grain Free
- GF Local
- Stalk Us
- HappyBelly SHOP
Are you gluten-free, but still want to enjoy some of the sinfully delicious recipes you were used to, such as P.F Chang’s Mongolian Beef? Well now you can! Here’s a recipe for PF Chang’s Mongolian Beef (one of my hubby’s faves) as prepared gluten free.
Note the nutritional content on the recipe below and keep in mind this is a splurge/indulgence :)
P.f. Chang’s Mongolian Beef (Gluten Free)
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 1 (492 g)
Calories per serving: 848.2
Fat per serving: 23.4
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger , minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic , chopped
- 1/2 cup tamari soy sauce (aka gluten-free soy sauce. DO NOT use regular soy sauce)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- vegetable oil , for frying (about 1 cup)
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1/4 cup cornstarch (verify it has no wheat or wheat flour)
- 2 large green onions
- Make the sauce by heating 2 tsp of vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over med/low heat.
- Don't get the oil too hot.
- Add ginger and garlic to the pan and quickly add the soy sauce and water before the garlic scorches.
- Dissolve the brown sugar in the sauce, then raise the heat to about medium and boil the sauce for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Remove it from the heat.
- Slice the flank steak against the grain into 1/4" thick bite-size slices.
- Tilt the blade of your knife at about a forty five degree angle to the top of the steak so that you get wider cuts.
- Dip the steak pieces into the cornstarch to apply a very thin dusting to both sides of each piece of beef.
- Let the beef sit for about 10 minutes so that the cornstarch sticks.
- As the beef sits, heat up one cup of oil in a wok (you may also use a skillet for this step as long as the beef will be mostly covered with oil).
- Heat the oil over medium heat until it's nice and hot, but not smoking.
- Add the beef to the oil and sauté for just two minutes, or until the beef just begins to darken on the edges.
- You don't need a thorough cooking here since the beef is going to go back on the heat later.
- Stir the meat around a little so that it cooks evenly.
- After a couple minutes, use a large slotted spoon to take the meat out and onto paper towels, then pour the oil out of the wok or skillet.
- Put the pan back over the heat, dump the meat back into it and simmer for one minute.
- Add the sauce, cook for one minute while stirring, then add all the green onions.
- Cook for one more minute, then remove the beef and onions with tongs or a slotted spoon to a serving plate.
- Leave the excess sauce behind in the pan.
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value Calories 848.2 Calories from Fat 211 24% Total Fat 23.4 g 36% Saturated Fat 8.4 g 42% Cholesterol 154.2 mg 51% Sodium 4255.9 mg 177% Total Carbohydrate 103.1 g 34% Dietary Fiber 1.5 g 6% Sugars 81.9 g 327% Protein 56.7 g 113
Jennifer Mansfield (332 Posts)
Hi, I'm Jen, and I launched InspiredEats after being diagnosed with several food allergies, and battling auto-immune conditions including Hashimotos, Adrenal Fatigue, Pyroluria and vitamin deficiencies. I have overcome most all conditions by following the Paleo Diet. My hope is to help so many others like me who are suffering and don't understand how to heal. That's the meaning behind my message: Eat.Heal.Thrive.
Follow us by email!
My InstagramA 19 hour work day. // the love you pour into things when they mean enough. 💛 Good night, gorgeous people xhealing_belle2623We love hand written notes from our customers. This one from Green Nectar Juicery in Milburn, NJ.beardedbros90Great idea! Recipe in the 21DSD BOOK. -April by @meli_mel_jerfs "@the21daysugardetox #buffalochickeneggmuffins made into a crustless quiche 👍👍 #paleo #primal #jerf @tessemaes #wingsauce is the💣💣#rfhb #lchf" via @PhotoRepost_appthe21daysugardetox412Me and my squeaky ball. I like to annoy all the humans with it. #ballmanny_the_frenchie406191Some delicious alkaline-forming foods 🍊 Try to adhere to the 80:20 principle - 80% alkaline forming and 20% acid forming foods each day. @smtofficial have a great blog post on this on their blog at www.skinnymetea.com.au/blog/smtblog with a chart of alkaline vs acid forming foods. DT xdetoxtips519418Wise words from Mr. Petty on this Monday #freepeople #inspiration #quotefreepeople1374593
Search Recipes From Our Fave Allergy-free Sites
Sponsors & Such
- Photoshopped model appears on the Ellen Show and proves she has very long arms
- Review of Van’s Gluten Free Crackers, Say Cheese!
- High fructose corn syrup, GMO corn and fish bladders in 8 beers you should avoid
- Tips on safe travels for nut allergy sufferers
- How food affects our mood, and may help fight anxiety