- Food Allergies
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Almond Flour – a bakers alternative
- Celiac disease
- Gluten and cross reactive foods
- Gluten Free booze
- Gluten free children
- Gluten free resources
- How to go Gluten Free
- Is it a healthier diet?
- Potential AutoImmune Disorders
- Safe for Gluten Free Diets
- Unsafe for Gluten-free diets
- Understanding lab results
- GMO Foods & You
- Grain Free
- GF Local
- Stalk Us
- HappyBelly SHOP
Are you gluten-free, but still want to enjoy some of the sinfully delicious recipes you were used to, such as P.F Chang’s Mongolian Beef? Well now you can! Here’s a recipe for PF Chang’s Mongolian Beef (one of my hubby’s faves) as prepared gluten free.
Note the nutritional content on the recipe below and keep in mind this is a splurge/indulgence :)
P.f. Chang’s Mongolian Beef (Gluten Free)
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 1 (492 g)
Calories per serving: 848.2
Fat per serving: 23.4
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger , minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic , chopped
- 1/2 cup tamari soy sauce (aka gluten-free soy sauce. DO NOT use regular soy sauce)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- vegetable oil , for frying (about 1 cup)
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1/4 cup cornstarch (verify it has no wheat or wheat flour)
- 2 large green onions
- Make the sauce by heating 2 tsp of vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over med/low heat.
- Don't get the oil too hot.
- Add ginger and garlic to the pan and quickly add the soy sauce and water before the garlic scorches.
- Dissolve the brown sugar in the sauce, then raise the heat to about medium and boil the sauce for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Remove it from the heat.
- Slice the flank steak against the grain into 1/4" thick bite-size slices.
- Tilt the blade of your knife at about a forty five degree angle to the top of the steak so that you get wider cuts.
- Dip the steak pieces into the cornstarch to apply a very thin dusting to both sides of each piece of beef.
- Let the beef sit for about 10 minutes so that the cornstarch sticks.
- As the beef sits, heat up one cup of oil in a wok (you may also use a skillet for this step as long as the beef will be mostly covered with oil).
- Heat the oil over medium heat until it's nice and hot, but not smoking.
- Add the beef to the oil and sauté for just two minutes, or until the beef just begins to darken on the edges.
- You don't need a thorough cooking here since the beef is going to go back on the heat later.
- Stir the meat around a little so that it cooks evenly.
- After a couple minutes, use a large slotted spoon to take the meat out and onto paper towels, then pour the oil out of the wok or skillet.
- Put the pan back over the heat, dump the meat back into it and simmer for one minute.
- Add the sauce, cook for one minute while stirring, then add all the green onions.
- Cook for one more minute, then remove the beef and onions with tongs or a slotted spoon to a serving plate.
- Leave the excess sauce behind in the pan.
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value Calories 848.2 Calories from Fat 211 24% Total Fat 23.4 g 36% Saturated Fat 8.4 g 42% Cholesterol 154.2 mg 51% Sodium 4255.9 mg 177% Total Carbohydrate 103.1 g 34% Dietary Fiber 1.5 g 6% Sugars 81.9 g 327% Protein 56.7 g 113
Jennifer Mansfield (327 Posts)
Hi, I'm Jen, and I launched InspiredEats after being diagnosed with several food allergies, and battling auto-immune conditions including Hashimotos, Adrenal Fatigue, Pyroluria and vitamin deficiencies. I have overcome most all conditions by following the Paleo Diet. My hope is to help so many others like me who are suffering and don't understand how to heal. That's the meaning behind my message: Eat.Heal.Thrive.
Follow us by email!
My Instagram#bacon gossip. I still fry mine in a pan most of the time, so I'm good ;) #paleo #funny #instagood #instamood #instadaily #like #paleocupbaord www.paleocupboard.compaleocupboard161Don't mind if we do! Gluten-Free Chocolate Fondant via @thecookapp #ChefsOfCookthecookapp21DOUBLE TAP for BREAKFAST!!! 🍳🍞The MOST important meal of the day!!💪 Tag a friend who LOVES breakfast!👇👯 This breakfast bake is packing the protein considering it's vegetarian!👊 A serving gets you a perfect balance of your macronutrients for minimal calories!👏 AND it's super tasty!😋 The layers are beautiful, and it's delicious warm, leftover and reheated, or even cold! Prep this the night before and allow the flavors to set, and then pop in the oven in the AM!😍 INGREDIENTS 1 cup onion, chopped 1 Tbsp minced garlic 4oz sliced mushrooms 1 package frozen spinach, or 1 bag fresh 4 slices whole wheat bread, cut into cubes (about 1/2") 4 eggs 3 cups egg whites/substitute 2 cups almond milk 1 10oz bag frozen broccoli, thawed 1/2 cup swiss cheese 1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese 1/2 tsp nutmeg 3/4 tsp salt (to taste) 1/2 tsp pep (to taste) PROCEDURE 🍳Sauté onion, garlic, mushrooms and spinach in a skillet using cooking spray (you can use oil but nutritional data will differ). Combine with thawed broccoli. Set aside. 🍳Spread bread cubes over bottom of baking dish. 🍳Whisk together eggs, egg whites/substitute, almond milk, swiss cheese, nutmeg, salt & pep. 🍳Layer vegetables over bread, maintaining 2 layers to the best of your ability. 🍳Pour egg mixture over entire baking dish, completely covering both layers of bread/vegetables. 🍳Cover and refrigerate over night (about 8 hours). 🍳In the morning, preheat oven to 350F. 🍳Top the bake with cheddar cheese. 🍳Bake 50–60 minutes, until cheese begins to brown and eggs are cooked through. 🍳Devour warm, save to reheat, or enjoy cold later on! NUTRITION per serving (1/12 breakfast bake): 150 calories | 11g carbs | 5g fat | 15g protein Check out the newest youtube post on EGGS! 🍳 YouTube.com/mindovermunch!🎥📺💻👍 It’s EGGScellent and shows you my prep methods for easy egg frying, poaching and boiling!! Remember that ALL recipes are available on mindovermunch.com! #mindovermunch ✌💜💪mindovermunch85723Whoa, huge day. Even huger day tomorrow. When your body tells you to rest and your clock tells you otherwise... Listen to your body... All of you! 💛🌙 Thanks @mrnatural__ for the image xhealing_belle222632Chicken Marbella via @thecookappthecookapp101@sophi1966 from our #Cook community has been busy creating. Turkey Chili-Slow Cooker via @thecookapp - dinner inspo sorted! :)thecookapp61
Search Recipes From Our Fave Allergy-free Sites
Sponsors & Such