- Food Allergies
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Almond Flour – a bakers alternative
- Celiac disease
- Gluten and cross reactive foods
- Gluten Free booze
- Gluten free children
- Gluten free resources
- How to go Gluten Free
- Is it a healthier diet?
- Potential AutoImmune Disorders
- Safe for Gluten Free Diets
- Unsafe for Gluten-free diets
- Understanding lab results
- GMO Foods & You
- Grain Free
- GF Local
- Stalk Us
- HappyBelly SHOP
Are you gluten-free, but still want to enjoy some of the sinfully delicious recipes you were used to, such as P.F Chang’s Mongolian Beef? Well now you can! Here’s a recipe for PF Chang’s Mongolian Beef (one of my hubby’s faves) as prepared gluten free.
Note the nutritional content on the recipe below and keep in mind this is a splurge/indulgence
P.f. Chang’s Mongolian Beef (Gluten Free)
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 1 (492 g)
Calories per serving: 848.2
Fat per serving: 23.4
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger , minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic , chopped
- 1/2 cup tamari soy sauce (aka gluten-free soy sauce. DO NOT use regular soy sauce)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- vegetable oil , for frying (about 1 cup)
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1/4 cup cornstarch (verify it has no wheat or wheat flour)
- 2 large green onions
- Make the sauce by heating 2 tsp of vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over med/low heat.
- Don't get the oil too hot.
- Add ginger and garlic to the pan and quickly add the soy sauce and water before the garlic scorches.
- Dissolve the brown sugar in the sauce, then raise the heat to about medium and boil the sauce for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Remove it from the heat.
- Slice the flank steak against the grain into 1/4" thick bite-size slices.
- Tilt the blade of your knife at about a forty five degree angle to the top of the steak so that you get wider cuts.
- Dip the steak pieces into the cornstarch to apply a very thin dusting to both sides of each piece of beef.
- Let the beef sit for about 10 minutes so that the cornstarch sticks.
- As the beef sits, heat up one cup of oil in a wok (you may also use a skillet for this step as long as the beef will be mostly covered with oil).
- Heat the oil over medium heat until it's nice and hot, but not smoking.
- Add the beef to the oil and sauté for just two minutes, or until the beef just begins to darken on the edges.
- You don't need a thorough cooking here since the beef is going to go back on the heat later.
- Stir the meat around a little so that it cooks evenly.
- After a couple minutes, use a large slotted spoon to take the meat out and onto paper towels, then pour the oil out of the wok or skillet.
- Put the pan back over the heat, dump the meat back into it and simmer for one minute.
- Add the sauce, cook for one minute while stirring, then add all the green onions.
- Cook for one more minute, then remove the beef and onions with tongs or a slotted spoon to a serving plate.
- Leave the excess sauce behind in the pan.
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value Calories 848.2 Calories from Fat 211 24% Total Fat 23.4 g 36% Saturated Fat 8.4 g 42% Cholesterol 154.2 mg 51% Sodium 4255.9 mg 177% Total Carbohydrate 103.1 g 34% Dietary Fiber 1.5 g 6% Sugars 81.9 g 327% Protein 56.7 g 113
Jennifer Mansfield (319 Posts)
Hi, I'm Jen, and I launched InspiredEats after being diagnosed with several food allergies, and battling auto-immune conditions including Hashimotos, Adrenal Fatigue, Pyroluria and vitamin deficiencies. I have overcome most all conditions by following the Paleo Diet. My hope is to help so many others like me who are suffering and don't understand how to heal. That's the meaning behind my message: Eat.Heal.Thrive.
Follow us by email!
HappybellyFollow the life of Jen & fam, founders of Happybelly Box. We proudly feature the best minimally processed, gluten & dairy-free foods on the market!116Photo33Followers70Followings
My latest feedStop # two @hitcenteratx! #FITTESTaustinfit00Thank you for your contributions to humanity. May you rest in peace. #nelsonmandelarisebar150On my bucket list for years; see these magical Northern lights 💖🏂🎅❄️⛄️🌈 (src: http://www.theshiftofconsciousness.info/aurora.html)lovelifelean353Picking up Stone Crabs this morning. We got what you want at the Cheek! #Local #Sustainable #miamibeach #southof5th #artbasel #stonecrabsjamiederosa100Our very first delivery of baguettes just arrived at Guadalupe from our Bakehouse! More bread coming this afternoon! #todayatthecoopwheatsville150Have you put a healthy spin on a fast food favorite? @eightymillion sliced up a few of our slices of bread to make her own #glutefree BK French Toast Sticks. Ask her about it here: http://instagram.com/p/hJjjnaG7T6/udisglutenfree751COCKTAIL SPECIAL: Mai Love You Long Tai: Spiced Rum, Light Rum, House-Made Triple Sec, Fresh Orange & Lime Juicehopdoddy515Do you like food? How about being super? The you'll love our Superfood flavor: The Megaroon. Chia Seeds, Cacao Nibs, Coconut, and Almond Butter. A whole lot of taste and power. #chia #chiaseeds #cacao #coconut #macaroons #powerfood #healthysnack #vegan #glutenfree #paleo #organic #feelgoodrickaroons414@therunningevent #tre13 #tre2013 Bearded Nutrition @skratchlabs @jonrskratchbeardedbros271This cold ain't stoppin us from shootin @crossfitcentral this morning! #FITTESTaustinfit132Another sneak peek at the new bar. #raw #vegan #glutenfree #champion #seeds #organic #nongmoverified #paleo #grainfreethunderbirdbar424Last day at The Running Event #tre13 Stop by and see us. We are offering show discounts on all orders. #tre2013beardedbros311I am floored. I have no extra words for tonight, but will in the morning. Thank you to everyone who was with me this evening, and this gorgeous huge community who are making my dreams come true and changing the world with me, literally, one app download at a time. If you'd like to prevent some deaths from birthing/being born in unsanitary conditions, rebuild a school, educate some young women, provide holistic and physical & financial support to families in need, asylum seekers or dying cancer patients - please follow the link in my bio for information, DOWNLOAD The Whole Pantry on iPhone, iPad or Android or donate via the link in my profile with anything from $3 to $300. You are all changing the world with me, and the world is listening. Thank YOU. ❤ #thewholepantryapp #twpgives #lovehealing_belle14211250#instafrenchie #frenchie #frenchbulldog #holidaycard #merrychristmas #sausagebodywshafranski355Get up and move #glamourgirlworkout #fitness #pilatesmitchellmethodpilates300Yummmmmy!! Olive bread with my baked homemade yellow and red cherry tomatoes spread. So good 🍅 לחם זיתים עם ממרח עגבניות שרי אדומות וצהובות אפויות שהכנתי. כל כך טעים!vegan_slaughterer26713TekMologyhyardeny3120
Search Recipes From Our Fave Allergy-free Sites
Sponsors & Such