I LOVE chocolate. The taste, the health benefits and the way it feels when a rich, delicious piece melts in my mouth and makes the sides of my throat tingle with its deliciousness – so many reasons to love it. But since I follow a paleo diet, I try to avoid sugar, so I had to find a way to enjoy a chocolatey flavor that was sugar-free, and mostly paleo. Then I discovered these guys – they’re frozen, chocolate banana bites that are packed with coconut oil goodness, raw cocao and bananas, so if you’re trying to make sure you eat enough coconut oil, this is a great way to help. Because coconut oil melts at room temperature, keep these in the freezer and take out one or two when the urge hits, let it defrost for a few minutes and enjoy.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil
- 2 TBSP Raw Cocoa
- 1 TBSP Cashew or almond butter
- 1 dropper full of liquid stevia
- Shredded coconut (optional)
- Preheat pan on low to medium heat
- Add coconut oil and stir until melted (30 seconds or so)
- Add nut butter and continue stirring until melted and blended (about 1 minute)
- Add cocao and stir until blended
- Add stevia
- Remove from heat
- Slice bananas into 1 inch thick slices
- Dip banana into pan and fully coat with chocolate sauce
- Remove slices and place in a pan for freezing (I use a mini cupcake tin)
- Sprinkle with shredded coconut (optional)
- Freeze for 2 hours
- Remove from tin and place in frozen ziplock bag for storage.
Where can I find ass cocoa?
Funny Sara! I updated it to read “Add” – good catch 🙂
I am making this recipe but it seems too thin and runny. In no way is it thick enough to coat a banana, it just runs right off of it. Are you sure the cup of oil is correct? What am I doing wrong? can you make sure the ingredients are correct because I don't want to waste all this expensive coconut oil I made. Thanks!
We make this recipe all the time and the ratio is correct – maybe you just have to let it sit for a while before you coat the bananas. I hope this helps!