- Food Allergies
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Almond Flour – a bakers alternative
- Celiac disease
- Gluten and cross reactive foods
- Gluten Free booze
- Gluten free children
- Gluten free resources
- How to go Gluten Free
- Is it a healthier diet?
- Potential AutoImmune Disorders
- Safe for Gluten Free Diets
- Unsafe for Gluten-free diets
- Understanding lab results
- GMO Foods & You
- Grain Free
- GF Local
- Stalk Us
- HappyBelly SHOP
No matter the season, I love a bowl of soup for dinner! There’s something about the warmth of a soup as it travels down to my belly that makes me happy :) And since it’s summer and the heat is kicking here in Austin, we’re turning to a soup that is great hold or cold, and satisfies our need for coconut oil and yummy fresh veggies.
This is a vegan friendly recipe too as it omits butter or cream and relies simply on the squash and sweet potatoes for the thick, creamy consistency. Below is one of our fave recipes, and you can play with the topping suggestions until you figure out your fave dish. We love lightly toasted walnuts or almonds for a nice crunchy/salty treat.
How do you prefer yours?
Paleo squash & sweet potato soup
- 1 butternut squash, skin removed and cubed
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes/yams, cubed
- 2 small-medium onions, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 cups of vegetable stock (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- a pinch or two of ground nutmeg and cinnamon
- ground pepper and sea salt to taste
- a few dashes of hot sauce (optional)
- fresh chives, chopped for garnish (optional)
- bacon, chopped for garnish (optional)
- toasted walnuts or almonds (optional)
- Begin by taking your cubed butternut squash and sweet potato and roast in the oven at 350 degrees until slightly browned
- Remove from oven and toss with 1 TBSP coconut/olive oil and fresh rosemary in a large bowl
- Spread cubes on a baking sheet
- Meanwhile, sauté the onion and garlic in remaining coconut oil on low-medium heat until softened and translucent
- Add butternut squash, sweet potato and sautéed onion mixture to a large pot
- Pour in vegetable broth and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and season with ground nutmeg and/or cinnamon
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth
- Next add coconut milk slowly, and continue blending until desired consistency is reached (if too thick add additional broth or water)
- Allow time to simmer on low/medium heat for flavours to mingle together – stirring occasionally
- Remove from heat and serve in your favorite soup bowls
- Finish with a sprinkle os sea salt and ground pepper
- Garnish with bacon, chives, walnuts or hot sauce if desired.
Jennifer Mansfield (332 Posts)
Hi, I'm Jen, and I launched InspiredEats after being diagnosed with several food allergies, and battling auto-immune conditions including Hashimotos, Adrenal Fatigue, Pyroluria and vitamin deficiencies. I have overcome most all conditions by following the Paleo Diet. My hope is to help so many others like me who are suffering and don't understand how to heal. That's the meaning behind my message: Eat.Heal.Thrive.
Follow us by email!
My InstagramOF MICE AND MEN - opens TONIGHT!jamesfrancotv11025472DOUBLE TAP👆👆 FOR BIRTHDAYS! 🎈🎉🎁Today is the official 1 YEAR BIRTHDAY of Mind Over Munch!😱 YAY! I can’t tell you how excited I am! I really need to thank all of YOU for inspiring me to even do Mind Over Munch… 😁much less continue it for an entire year!👏 I think of how far we’ve come and only feel excited for future changes!😋 We will be making a few adjustments to the structure of the IG, as well as posting more goodies on YouTube 🎥💻📺👍 (YouTube.com/mindovermunch), facbeook, and twitter! Do me a favor and comment 2 things below: 1. TAG a friend that you think would enjoy the content provided here to improve their healthy lifestyle!👇👯 Spreading that healthy lifestyle love starts with YOU! 2. TELL ME something you’d like to see more of this next year!👇👇👇 ANYTHING goes! (specific recipes? fitness videos? IG videos? motivation? giveaways?) I read every comment and respond to as many as I can!👌😃 Thank you so much to everyone who has supported us this past year, and who will continue to be a part of the Mind Over Munch family!😘 If you’re interested in the recipe– it’s the “FUNFETTI” CUPCAKE FOR ONE🎂🎂🎂 from the Season 1 Episode 10 special episode on greek yogurt! It’s lightened up using greek yogurt as a substitute, and is portion controlled so you don’t need to make an entire batch of cupcakes that will tempt you! 😉Make one, satisfy the craving and BOOM you’re done! Recipe can be found at mindovermunch.com!!! 👌 #mindovermunch Nutrition per cake (not including greek yogurt frosting): 78 calories | 11g carbs | 1g fat | 6g protein ✌💜💪mindovermunch143332Vegan Chocolate Crunch. This scrumptious chocolate dessert was served at out Seder dinner for Passover. It was incredibly easy to make and we munched them so fast! Luckily I took a few photos before they were all gone 😄. Recipe will soon be on 🍫 http://VeganSlaughterer.com 🍫 **************** קראנץ׳ שוקולד טבעוני ואפילו כשר לפסח (לאוכלי קטניות). הקינוח השוקולדי הזה הוגש בליל הסדר. ההכנה פשוטה לאין שיעור והממתקים נחטפים בשניות. מזל שהספקתי לצלם😜. המתכון בקרוב באתר ״השוחטת הטבעונית״vegan_slaughterer1603For dinner // satay quinoa 'fried rice' - recipe feeds 4, halve it for a couple or have leftovers as #mealprep. If you use a salty soy sauce vs tamari, add less in to prevent over salting! 🍱🍙🍆🍅🍋 Recipe on The Whole Pantry for iPhone, iPad AND Android. #quinoa #protein #tahini #calcium #magnesium #postworkouthealing_belle223846@davidgrr getting his @smtofficial teatox on 😍 Not just any detox but my favourite teatox (detox with tea!) from @smtofficial ☕️ @smtofficial ☕️ @smtofficial ☕️ Benefits energy, skin, weight loss, detoxification, bloating, digestion - the list goes on! Oh the incredible natural powers of herbs. DT xdetoxtips497519also the necessities in business, conference calls and anything daunting, boring or overwhelming. ❤ Let your Internet provider, favourite tea company and best friends know you love them 😉healing_belle4239403
Search Recipes From Our Fave Allergy-free Sites
Sponsors & Such
- Photoshopped model appears on the Ellen Show and proves she has very long arms
- Review of Van’s Gluten Free Crackers, Say Cheese!
- High fructose corn syrup, GMO corn and fish bladders in 8 beers you should avoid
- Tips on safe travels for nut allergy sufferers
- How food affects our mood, and may help fight anxiety