- Food Allergies
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Almond Flour – a bakers alternative
- Celiac disease
- Gluten and cross reactive foods
- Gluten Free booze
- Gluten free children
- Gluten free resources
- How to go Gluten Free
- Is it a healthier diet?
- Potential AutoImmune Disorders
- Safe for Gluten Free Diets
- Unsafe for Gluten-free diets
- Understanding lab results
- GMO Foods & You
- Grain Free
- GF Local
- Stalk Us
- HappyBelly SHOP
No matter the season, I love a bowl of soup for dinner! There’s something about the warmth of a soup as it travels down to my belly that makes me happy :) And since it’s summer and the heat is kicking here in Austin, we’re turning to a soup that is great hold or cold, and satisfies our need for coconut oil and yummy fresh veggies.
This is a vegan friendly recipe too as it omits butter or cream and relies simply on the squash and sweet potatoes for the thick, creamy consistency. Below is one of our fave recipes, and you can play with the topping suggestions until you figure out your fave dish. We love lightly toasted walnuts or almonds for a nice crunchy/salty treat.
How do you prefer yours?
Paleo squash & sweet potato soup
- 1 butternut squash, skin removed and cubed
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes/yams, cubed
- 2 small-medium onions, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 cups of vegetable stock (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- a pinch or two of ground nutmeg and cinnamon
- ground pepper and sea salt to taste
- a few dashes of hot sauce (optional)
- fresh chives, chopped for garnish (optional)
- bacon, chopped for garnish (optional)
- toasted walnuts or almonds (optional)
- Begin by taking your cubed butternut squash and sweet potato and roast in the oven at 350 degrees until slightly browned
- Remove from oven and toss with 1 TBSP coconut/olive oil and fresh rosemary in a large bowl
- Spread cubes on a baking sheet
- Meanwhile, sauté the onion and garlic in remaining coconut oil on low-medium heat until softened and translucent
- Add butternut squash, sweet potato and sautéed onion mixture to a large pot
- Pour in vegetable broth and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and season with ground nutmeg and/or cinnamon
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth
- Next add coconut milk slowly, and continue blending until desired consistency is reached (if too thick add additional broth or water)
- Allow time to simmer on low/medium heat for flavours to mingle together – stirring occasionally
- Remove from heat and serve in your favorite soup bowls
- Finish with a sprinkle os sea salt and ground pepper
- Garnish with bacon, chives, walnuts or hot sauce if desired.
Jennifer Mansfield (332 Posts)
Hi, I'm Jen, and I launched InspiredEats after being diagnosed with several food allergies, and battling auto-immune conditions including Hashimotos, Adrenal Fatigue, Pyroluria and vitamin deficiencies. I have overcome most all conditions by following the Paleo Diet. My hope is to help so many others like me who are suffering and don't understand how to heal. That's the meaning behind my message: Eat.Heal.Thrive.
Follow us by email!
My InstagramFound this at Sprouts today! Sooo good but a little expensive for me so I may have to make up my own recipe!paleomg80Breakfast: blueberry sausage from whole foods, asparagus, eggs and Avocadopaleomg201SETH ROGEN NUDE PAINTINGS - get ready!!! THEYRE COMING!!!jamesfrancotv2005212💪Take your training to the next level and get inspired by @coacherint's transformation story on our website. #transformation #triathlete #keepaustinfitaustinfit10#HeyBatterBatter! @ruthannrc & @cat_cote enjoyed a balpark hot dog on an #Udis bun at #fenway this weekend. Does your stadium have #glutenfree options? #regramudisglutenfree578We helped Louie say "SO LONG" to tear stains and get wedding ready! Check out the story from his human, Jessica, and the Before and (Happily Ever) After shots below! ------ "Louie is a white fluffy Havanese that is prone to tear stains. I'd heard that good food could help clear them up but never had that experience with any of the foods we tried- UNTIL we started "I and Love and You" NUDE FOOD kibble, with a topper of Raw Pucks and "My Tummy Hurts" digestive supplement." - Jessica #havanese #solong #tearstains #nudefood #grainfree ##mytummyhurts #prebiotics #probiotics #powerpucks #rawdogfood #mydogisrawesome #dogsofinstagram #instadog #holisticpet #allnatural #healthypet #superfoods #healthydogiandloveandyoupet132
Search Recipes From Our Fave Allergy-free Sites
Sponsors & Such
- Photoshopped model appears on the Ellen Show and proves she has very long arms
- Review of Van’s Gluten Free Crackers, Say Cheese!
- High fructose corn syrup, GMO corn and fish bladders in 8 beers you should avoid
- Tips on safe travels for nut allergy sufferers
- How food affects our mood, and may help fight anxiety