- Food Allergies
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Almond Flour – a bakers alternative
- Celiac disease
- Gluten and cross reactive foods
- Gluten Free booze
- Gluten free children
- Gluten free resources
- How to go Gluten Free
- Is it a healthier diet?
- Potential AutoImmune Disorders
- Safe for Gluten Free Diets
- Unsafe for Gluten-free diets
- Understanding lab results
- GMO Foods & You
- Grain Free
- GF Local
- Stalk Us
- HappyBelly SHOP
No matter the season, I love a bowl of soup for dinner! There’s something about the warmth of a soup as it travels down to my belly that makes me happy :) And since it’s summer and the heat is kicking here in Austin, we’re turning to a soup that is great hold or cold, and satisfies our need for coconut oil and yummy fresh veggies.
This is a vegan friendly recipe too as it omits butter or cream and relies simply on the squash and sweet potatoes for the thick, creamy consistency. Below is one of our fave recipes, and you can play with the topping suggestions until you figure out your fave dish. We love lightly toasted walnuts or almonds for a nice crunchy/salty treat.
How do you prefer yours?
Paleo squash & sweet potato soup
- 1 butternut squash, skin removed and cubed
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes/yams, cubed
- 2 small-medium onions, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 cups of vegetable stock (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- a pinch or two of ground nutmeg and cinnamon
- ground pepper and sea salt to taste
- a few dashes of hot sauce (optional)
- fresh chives, chopped for garnish (optional)
- bacon, chopped for garnish (optional)
- toasted walnuts or almonds (optional)
- Begin by taking your cubed butternut squash and sweet potato and roast in the oven at 350 degrees until slightly browned
- Remove from oven and toss with 1 TBSP coconut/olive oil and fresh rosemary in a large bowl
- Spread cubes on a baking sheet
- Meanwhile, sauté the onion and garlic in remaining coconut oil on low-medium heat until softened and translucent
- Add butternut squash, sweet potato and sautéed onion mixture to a large pot
- Pour in vegetable broth and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and season with ground nutmeg and/or cinnamon
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth
- Next add coconut milk slowly, and continue blending until desired consistency is reached (if too thick add additional broth or water)
- Allow time to simmer on low/medium heat for flavours to mingle together – stirring occasionally
- Remove from heat and serve in your favorite soup bowls
- Finish with a sprinkle os sea salt and ground pepper
- Garnish with bacon, chives, walnuts or hot sauce if desired.
Jennifer Mansfield (327 Posts)
Hi, I'm Jen, and I launched InspiredEats after being diagnosed with several food allergies, and battling auto-immune conditions including Hashimotos, Adrenal Fatigue, Pyroluria and vitamin deficiencies. I have overcome most all conditions by following the Paleo Diet. My hope is to help so many others like me who are suffering and don't understand how to heal. That's the meaning behind my message: Eat.Heal.Thrive.
Follow us by email!
My InstagramRaw cheesecake for dessert tonight // this one here is our Macadamia and Salted Caramel Cheesecake (The Whole Pantry App) topped with rose petals and Persian fairy floss. 1....2....3.... Drooooooool. 😍🙏🍰 Dairy, sugar and gluten free. #heavenhealing_belle2700199Plant holding - Catherine OPIE - número hommes - GOOch!jamesfrancotv13362269Número - Gucci - Catherine OPIE!jamesfrancotv13976302More sweet treats from the #Cook community - @loukousloukous: Churro via @thecookappthecookapp91Detox Tip 🌿 TAKE CHLORELLA: Chlorella is an algae that has been found to have the ability to detoxify heavy metals, especially mercury. Mercury toxicity is becoming ever more pervasive as our exposure grows from the consumption of fish (particularly larger fish), dental amalgams (filings), and tap water. It is thought that the mucopolysaccharides in chlorella’s cell wall absorb toxic metals, and may block re-uptake of the metals in the gut. THE FORM: Make sure to purchase chlorella that has a broken cell wall: this is the key to ensuring that you are receiving a therapeutic form of chlorella. Its detoxing abilities lay within its cellular membrane, but the cell wall of chlorella is actually indigestible to humans and serves as a barrier to the beneficial stuff. Avoid tablets – they are highly heated, destroying the beneficial nutrients, and often are bound with potentially toxic glue. We recommend Chlorella Manna by Healthforce. DT xdetoxtips235635Your body accumulates environmental toxins every day - small steps that you can sustain day to day will prevent you from burning out or getting sick as often. Others I can add are; have at least one raw meal a day, oil pulling, foam rolling/legs up a wall for lymph flow, drink at least 2L of filtered/alkaline water a day, have 1hr of 'digital detox' time. What are your daily tips? #thewholelifehealing_belle148473
Search Recipes From Our Fave Allergy-free Sites
Sponsors & Such