- Food Allergies
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Almond Flour – a bakers alternative
- Celiac disease
- Gluten and cross reactive foods
- Gluten Free booze
- Gluten free children
- Gluten free resources
- How to go Gluten Free
- Is it a healthier diet?
- Potential AutoImmune Disorders
- Safe for Gluten Free Diets
- Unsafe for Gluten-free diets
- Understanding lab results
- GMO Foods & You
- Grain Free
- GF Local
- Stalk Us
- HappyBelly SHOP
Over the last four years, our family has switched from plastic to glass containers, gone from traditional household cleaners to all-natural, plant-based versions and are eating foods we had never heard of before. We kind of feel like a lot of these changes are steps back to the way things used to be; free of processing, harmful additives and “helpful” conveniences that many believe are the root of some more common health conditions, including auto-immune disorders, increased rates in food allergies and asthma, autism, ADHD and more.
And while some things have changed quite a bit for our little family, we still find ourselves craving some of the same old comfort foods. Like meatloaf.
I grew up on meatloaf; we had it once a week, and I was always a big fan. A perfectly warm, juicy slice of meatloaf with a sweet(ish) glaze for dinner that turned into a cold meatloaf sandwich the next day (if you were lucky enough to have any left over). Fast forward to my grown up, gluten-free, Paleo version and I still love it! My son is a fan too, which is always a good sign since he is sometimes a picky (8 year old) eater.
Since I’m avoiding grains, dairy and eggs, this updated meatloaf calls for an egg replacer and uses apples to help keep the meal moist, and add some healthy carbs to the dish. I also love to add a touch of Coconut Aminos to give this dish an ever-so-slight but delicious flavor twist.
Alongside our meatloaf, we love a warm Roasted Fig and Pistachio salad and grilled asparagus or lightly steamed carrots with ghee. Feel free to play around with the spices to suit your tastes, and remember this pairs perfectly with our Paleo BBQ Sauce or Ketchup. Leftovers? Just like meatloaf of my past, this version makes a yummy cold sandwhich on top of gluten free bread, or wrapped in lettuce wrap as I prefer it.
Easy, healthy and delish. My 3 fave food requirements
Paleo, Gluten-free Meatloaf
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1/4 lb
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey (Organic or grass fed preferred)
- 1/2 small red apple, diced (skin removed)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 Tsp chopped garlic
- Oregano, salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large egg or egg replacer
- Dash of Coconut Aminos (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl except egg, making sure to mix well.
- Whisk egg and fold into meat mixture.
- Shake about 5-6 shakes of Coconut Aminos into mixture (approx 1 tsp)
- Form into a loaf and place in glass or metal loaf pan.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes (times and temp vary by oven).
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Options: top with Paleo BBQ sauce or Ketchup recipes found here
Jennifer Mansfield (332 Posts)
Hi, I'm Jen, and I launched InspiredEats after being diagnosed with several food allergies, and battling auto-immune conditions including Hashimotos, Adrenal Fatigue, Pyroluria and vitamin deficiencies. I have overcome most all conditions by following the Paleo Diet. My hope is to help so many others like me who are suffering and don't understand how to heal. That's the meaning behind my message: Eat.Heal.Thrive.
Follow us by email!
My InstagramDeviled eggs sound about right for today! #HappyEasterwholefoodsmarket310DOUBLE TAP👆👆 for fun food!🎉 TAG a friend who you can have fun with making delicious and healthy food!!!👇👯 Happy Easter to all who celebrate!🐣🎈 Sometimes, you’ve just gotta be an adult that plays with their food!🙈 I made these Hummingbird Pancakes today!😱 Hummingbird cake is a banana pineapple spice cake, a southern tradition and often served in the Spring! I thought the flavors would be perfect for Easter day pancakes!! 👏👏👏 You can of course decorate ANY pancakes! I used a greek yogurt frosting to adhere the sprinkles!👌 Too easy, healthy and fun!🍭🍬 I’ll post the recipe for these pancakes this week on IG, but it’s on the website NOW!😱😱😱 Head to mindovermunch.com for my Hummingbird Pancakes recipe! 💻 #mindovermunch Here’s a special hint since I’m feeling festive: We’ll be doing a Giveaway soon on YOUTUBE!🎥📺💻👍 You asked for giveaways– I’ll give them to you!!! If you want the opportunity to participate in this next one, please subscribe and watch some of the episodes!!👏 YouTube.com/mindovermunch ✌💜💪mindovermunch1650Have a eggcellent Easter! #chocolatealmondeggs #happyeasterhappyhemp60Egg Hunt NY #easteregghunt #nycfauxmood140beautiful sunday with @bohemianmoon_ and @freepeoplefarmington 😍 #freepeople #fpme #fpearthdayfreepeople20975108Happy Organic Easter!nongmo_nation200
Search Recipes From Our Fave Allergy-free Sites
Sponsors & Such
- Photoshopped model appears on the Ellen Show and proves she has very long arms
- Review of Van’s Gluten Free Crackers, Say Cheese!
- High fructose corn syrup, GMO corn and fish bladders in 8 beers you should avoid
- Tips on safe travels for nut allergy sufferers
- How food affects our mood, and may help fight anxiety