Curried shrimp and spinach
I ran across this recipe last year and it was a hit on the first try. I added some mushrooms in with the onions while sautéing (I’m a BIG fan of sautéed mushrooms) so when it came to the point of blending the onions and mushrooms mixture I left some in the pan to eat whole with the shrimp, and blended the other half as instructed. Either way, it was a delicious meal, and super easy and quick to make thanks to some frozen, de-veined shrimp.
Easy and delicious… two of my favorite things 🙂
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 lbs shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup gluten-free chicken stock
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tightly packed cups shredded spinach
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over a medium-low heat and cook the onion in the ghee, butter or coconut oil until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, stir in the curry powder and continue cooking for a minute.
- Place mixture in a blender or a food processor, add the tomato paste as well as the chicken stock and coconut milk. Process or blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture back in the skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Add the shrimps and spinach and cook, covered, for about 5 minutes, until the shrimps are just cooked.