20 April, 2012
Gluten-free Olive Rosemary Bread
For those of us living a gluten-free life, mastering a tasty, fluffy bread can be a bit challenging. Thanks to one of my fave cookbooks, The Gluten Free Almond Flour Cookbook, this delish bread is a great base for sandwiches, hors d’oeuvres or as a simple tasty snack. You can cut this loaf into thin slices, spread on a baking sheet and toast in the oven at 350° F for 5 to 10 minutes. Spread the resulting cracker with hummus, goat cheese, feta, or drizzled with your favorite olive oil.
The possibilities are endless!
- 3/4 cup creamy roasted almond butter (room temp)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 12 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Grease a 7 x 3 inch loaf pan with grapeseed oil and dust with almond flour
- In a large bowl, mix the almond butter and olive oil with a handheld mixer until smooth, then blend in the eggs and agave nectar.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, arrowroot powder, salt and baking soda.
- Blend the almond flour mixture into the wet ingredients until thoroughly combined, then fold in the olives and rosemary.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes on the bottom rack of the oven, until a knife inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 1 hour, then serve.