- Food Allergies
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Almond Flour – a bakers alternative
- Celiac disease
- Gluten and cross reactive foods
- Gluten Free booze
- Gluten free children
- Gluten free resources
- How to go Gluten Free
- Is it a healthier diet?
- Potential AutoImmune Disorders
- Safe for Gluten Free Diets
- Unsafe for Gluten-free diets
- Understanding lab results
- GMO Foods & You
- Grain Free
- GF Local
- Stalk Us
- HappyBelly SHOP
This week I’ve been craving something sweet. Some days I’m stronger than the cravings, some days they’re gone, and some days my mouth waters thinking about a hunk of dark, semi sweet chocolate.
Most of my cravings are gone thanks to a grain and sugar-free diet, but occasionally my mind wins and I find myself staring at the inside of the fridge, willing it to have something that will melt in my mouth with rich, chocolate goodness. Without eggs, grains, oats and nut flours, cookies are tough and I’ve been looking for healthy alternatives to satisfy my need for sweet goodness. I’m still working on some raw options, but tonight I wanted something tasty, easy and that wouldn’t leave my belly in a sad funky state.
Then it hit me
Coconut milk is something I always have in stock; I use it in my coffee in place of milk or cream, and it makes an amazing whipped topping. So tonight, instead of making a vanilla whipped cream, I decided to throw in some raw Cocoa and sweeten it with a touch of stevia. The result was a delicious, light whipped desert that my 8 year old ended up fighting me for. I love it when he fights me over a healthy treat!
Super simple to make, and uses ingredients we always have on hand, you can whip this up anytime the urge hits. Follow these tips to keep your belly happy and healthy!
Items to keep on hand at all times:
- Full-fat Coconut Milk in the fridge (store cans upside down to make it easier to separate the thick coconut from the liquid, making your whipped treat frothier)
- Raw (unsweetened) Cocoa
- Raw stevia, honey or maple syrup (sweeteners of choice)
- Gluten-free, pure vanilla extract
Gluten-free, Vegan Coco-Coconut Cream
- 1 Can Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Cup Raw Cocoa
- 1/2 Tsp Pure GF Vanilla Extract
- Sweetener of choice, to taste
- Open a can of Full-fat Coconut Milk and leave in fridge overnight (best for full, whipped creamy dessert).
- Pour Coconut Milk into mixing bowl.
- Add Cocoa and Vanilla Extract.
- Whip on low speed for 1-2 minutes until fully blended.
- Add sweetener of choice in 1/4 tsp doses until desired sweetness is reached.
Here are some of my favorite Coconut Milks to keep on hand. Thai Kitchen and Native Forest tend to make the thickest, creamiest mousse-like whipped deserts. Always opt for full fat to avoid extra additives and preservatives. I like to order these in bulk from Amazon and store a few in the fridge (upside down, just in case you choose to make a dessert) and use them in my iced coffee everyday. I find these are typically cheaper on Amazon, but not always, so check your local market to compare prices.
Note that if you manage to have any leftovers, you can store them in an open container in the fridge and it will thicken overnight, though around here we never have leftovers to worry about. Coco, chocolate goodness that leaves your belly happy!
Jennifer Mansfield (332 Posts)
Hi, I'm Jen, and I launched InspiredEats after being diagnosed with several food allergies, and battling auto-immune conditions including Hashimotos, Adrenal Fatigue, Pyroluria and vitamin deficiencies. I have overcome most all conditions by following the Paleo Diet. My hope is to help so many others like me who are suffering and don't understand how to heal. That's the meaning behind my message: Eat.Heal.Thrive.
Follow us by email!
My InstagramHappy Easter! Hope your day is filled with love and #risebars!risebar220Many of you have requested a healthier cheesecake🍰, as well as protein recipes!💪 This weekend I’ve decided to feature @dhftns’s Mini Protein Blueberry Cheesecakes!!😱 Don’t they look so tasty?! Derek from @dhftns has an amazing YouTube channel🎥📺💻👍 as well where he features protein recipes as well as healthy meals and side dishes each week!👏👏👏 Check it out at YouTube.com/dhftns! Check him out on IG and YT! Happy Sunday!☀ All of my own recipes can be found at mindovermunch.com👌 AND be sure to check out my own YouTube Channel at YouTube.com/mindovermunch!💻🎥 #mindovermunch ✌💜💪mindovermunch2466Happy Easter everyone! Thank you @Beggin for this PAWESOME Easter basket full of bacon treats!!!! #easter #bunny #beggin #whenpigsfly #begginpartnermanny_the_frenchie12832404Happy Easter! #MyMarianosmarianosmarket220Tell my kids this all the time <3megmcsally92Geared up for a full day! Happy Easter!mommasgonecity1119087
Search Recipes From Our Fave Allergy-free Sites
Sponsors & Such
- Photoshopped model appears on the Ellen Show and proves she has very long arms
- Review of Van’s Gluten Free Crackers, Say Cheese!
- High fructose corn syrup, GMO corn and fish bladders in 8 beers you should avoid
- Tips on safe travels for nut allergy sufferers
- How food affects our mood, and may help fight anxiety