- Food Allergies
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Almond Flour – a bakers alternative
- Celiac disease
- Gluten and cross reactive foods
- Gluten Free booze
- Gluten free children
- Gluten free resources
- How to go Gluten Free
- Is it a healthier diet?
- Potential AutoImmune Disorders
- Safe for Gluten Free Diets
- Unsafe for Gluten-free diets
- Understanding lab results
- GMO Foods & You
- Grain Free
- GF Local
- Stalk Us
- HappyBelly SHOP
This week I’ve been craving something sweet. Some days I’m stronger than the cravings, some days they’re gone, and some days my mouth waters thinking about a hunk of dark, semi sweet chocolate.
Most of my cravings are gone thanks to a grain and sugar-free diet, but occasionally my mind wins and I find myself staring at the inside of the fridge, willing it to have something that will melt in my mouth with rich, chocolate goodness. Without eggs, grains, oats and nut flours, cookies are tough and I’ve been looking for healthy alternatives to satisfy my need for sweet goodness. I’m still working on some raw options, but tonight I wanted something tasty, easy and that wouldn’t leave my belly in a sad funky state.
Then it hit me
Coconut milk is something I always have in stock; I use it in my coffee in place of milk or cream, and it makes an amazing whipped topping. So tonight, instead of making a vanilla whipped cream, I decided to throw in some raw Cocoa and sweeten it with a touch of stevia. The result was a delicious, light whipped desert that my 8 year old ended up fighting me for. I love it when he fights me over a healthy treat!
Super simple to make, and uses ingredients we always have on hand, you can whip this up anytime the urge hits. Follow these tips to keep your belly happy and healthy!
Items to keep on hand at all times:
- Full-fat Coconut Milk in the fridge (store cans upside down to make it easier to separate the thick coconut from the liquid, making your whipped treat frothier)
- Raw (unsweetened) Cocoa
- Raw stevia, honey or maple syrup (sweeteners of choice)
- Gluten-free, pure vanilla extract
Gluten-free, Vegan Coco-Coconut Cream
- 1 Can Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Cup Raw Cocoa
- 1/2 Tsp Pure GF Vanilla Extract
- Sweetener of choice, to taste
- Open a can of Full-fat Coconut Milk and leave in fridge overnight (best for full, whipped creamy dessert).
- Pour Coconut Milk into mixing bowl.
- Add Cocoa and Vanilla Extract.
- Whip on low speed for 1-2 minutes until fully blended.
- Add sweetener of choice in 1/4 tsp doses until desired sweetness is reached.
Here are some of my favorite Coconut Milks to keep on hand. Thai Kitchen and Native Forest tend to make the thickest, creamiest mousse-like whipped deserts. Always opt for full fat to avoid extra additives and preservatives. I like to order these in bulk from Amazon and store a few in the fridge (upside down, just in case you choose to make a dessert) and use them in my iced coffee everyday. I find these are typically cheaper on Amazon, but not always, so check your local market to compare prices.
Note that if you manage to have any leftovers, you can store them in an open container in the fridge and it will thicken overnight, though around here we never have leftovers to worry about. Coco, chocolate goodness that leaves your belly happy!
Jennifer Mansfield (332 Posts)
Hi, I'm Jen, and I launched InspiredEats after being diagnosed with several food allergies, and battling auto-immune conditions including Hashimotos, Adrenal Fatigue, Pyroluria and vitamin deficiencies. I have overcome most all conditions by following the Paleo Diet. My hope is to help so many others like me who are suffering and don't understand how to heal. That's the meaning behind my message: Eat.Heal.Thrive.
Follow us by email!
My InstagramFound this at Sprouts today! Sooo good but a little expensive for me so I may have to make up my own recipe!paleomg110Breakfast: blueberry sausage from whole foods, asparagus, eggs and Avocadopaleomg211SETH ROGEN NUDE PAINTINGS - get ready!!! THEYRE COMING!!!jamesfrancotv2070220💪Take your training to the next level and get inspired by @coacherint's transformation story on our website. #transformation #triathlete #keepaustinfitaustinfit10#HeyBatterBatter! @ruthannrc & @cat_cote enjoyed a balpark hot dog on an #Udis bun at #fenway this weekend. Does your stadium have #glutenfree options? #regramudisglutenfree578We helped Louie say "SO LONG" to tear stains and get wedding ready! Check out the story from his human, Jessica, and the Before and (Happily Ever) After shots below! ------ "Louie is a white fluffy Havanese that is prone to tear stains. I'd heard that good food could help clear them up but never had that experience with any of the foods we tried- UNTIL we started "I and Love and You" NUDE FOOD kibble, with a topper of Raw Pucks and "My Tummy Hurts" digestive supplement." - Jessica #havanese #solong #tearstains #nudefood #grainfree ##mytummyhurts #prebiotics #probiotics #powerpucks #rawdogfood #mydogisrawesome #dogsofinstagram #instadog #holisticpet #allnatural #healthypet #superfoods #healthydogiandloveandyoupet132
Search Recipes From Our Fave Allergy-free Sites
Sponsors & Such
- Photoshopped model appears on the Ellen Show and proves she has very long arms
- Review of Van’s Gluten Free Crackers, Say Cheese!
- High fructose corn syrup, GMO corn and fish bladders in 8 beers you should avoid
- Tips on safe travels for nut allergy sufferers
- How food affects our mood, and may help fight anxiety