- Food Allergies
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Almond Flour – a bakers alternative
- Celiac disease
- Gluten and cross reactive foods
- Gluten Free booze
- Gluten free children
- Gluten free resources
- How to go Gluten Free
- Is it a healthier diet?
- Potential AutoImmune Disorders
- Safe for Gluten Free Diets
- Unsafe for Gluten-free diets
- Understanding lab results
- GMO Foods & You
- Grain Free
- GF Local
- Stalk Us
- HappyBelly SHOP
Last night we had some friends over for dinner, and with 3 kids and a few special diets to accomodate, I wanted a meal that was quick and easy, and could keep a vegan and some gluten and dairy free peeps happy.
I needed something that wouldn’t keep me in the kitchen the whole time cooking since I had invited a friend and her 2 boys over, so I chose this Brazilian Chicken which has a rich, creamy texture in a dairy-free sauce. This recipe allowed me to prep some of the ingredients ahead of time, which left me time to chit chat, and the boys time to bond. Here’s a pic of our boys; her little guy just adores my son, and since mine is an only child, he loves the attention
Since I was starting with a base of gluten and dairy-free, this Brazilian Chicken is a great choice as it’s a Paleo meal that uses some simple spices to add an exotic flair, and gets it gravy-like consistency from rich coconut milk. The process is simple, and as my friend said, it “tastes a lot more complicated than it really is”. Gotta love an impressive dish that doesn’t kill you in the kitchen!
While this is adapted from All Recipes we’ve made some adjustments along the way to make it our own and accomodate a nightshade free diet (the original recipe calls for tomatoes and jalapeño peppers). I’m sure you can do the same by adding in some of what we’ve omitted including cayenne pepper, jalapeños and parsley.
Turns out this recipe kept most of the guests happy, with the older boys devouring the chicken, though the littlest guest wasn’t having any of it.
While we tried our best, he wasn’t digging the chicken, spinach or roasted carrots but he was happy to chill with his big brother while he ate the goods. Here he is desperately searching for something yummy in the fridge after deciding he wasn’t loving my dinner.
Glad I could keep one of the guests’ bellies full of some good food!
Gluten-free Brazilian Chicken with Coconut Milk Reduction
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- In a medium bowl, mix the cumin, turmeric, and coriander.
- Place the chicken in the bowl, season with salt and pepper, and rub on all sides with the spice mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Place the chicken in the skillet.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes on each side, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the skillet.
- Add the onion, ginger and garlic, cooking for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the broccoli and continue cooking 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk.
- Pour coconut milk and veggies over the chicken.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
I hope you love this recipe – be sure to leave your comments below, and thanks for stopping by!
Jennifer Mansfield (332 Posts)
Hi, I'm Jen, and I launched InspiredEats after being diagnosed with several food allergies, and battling auto-immune conditions including Hashimotos, Adrenal Fatigue, Pyroluria and vitamin deficiencies. I have overcome most all conditions by following the Paleo Diet. My hope is to help so many others like me who are suffering and don't understand how to heal. That's the meaning behind my message: Eat.Heal.Thrive.
Follow us by email!
My InstagramFour years ago, about this time. Pregnant with Ginger 💕💖💕 #tbtthespunkycoconut30Easter coming made me think of these photos of the girls and me, pregnant with Ginger 4 years ago. Not that long ago, but they pull my heart strings 💕💖💕 One more to follow, from the same day. #tbtthespunkycoconut20We just got done sampling Rickaroons at day 1 of a yoga retreat with @fitqueenirene and @stoked_yogi. Enjoying some late night Spicy Brunettes with fruit and a little Port. #healthyfun #perfectcombo #yogafood #vegan #organic #latenightrickaroons51@toppaddock have raw vegan treats in their cake cabinet. I'll assume this was a special thang they set up for all of us (and Oli) 😍😉🎉 #partytimehealing_belle5033@toppaddock saved me a table and saved the day. Oh my feasty goodness. Glutenfree toast w broccolini, almonds, avo and eggs. #heaven They're open all long weekend 8-4. Get onto it, especially if you're a visitor!healing_belle166822More @eatingevolved coconut butter cups!!!paleomg59219
Search Recipes From Our Fave Allergy-free Sites
Sponsors & Such
- Photoshopped model appears on the Ellen Show and proves she has very long arms
- Review of Van’s Gluten Free Crackers, Say Cheese!
- High fructose corn syrup, GMO corn and fish bladders in 8 beers you should avoid
- Tips on safe travels for nut allergy sufferers
- How food affects our mood, and may help fight anxiety