Gluten free, dairy free and packed with flavor, almond flour scones!
These amazingly delicious dark chocolate scones are a hit with our non gluten-free friends as well, so you can feel confident serving these yummy little morsels of goodness 🙂
They’re easy to prepare and aren’t overly sweet; using agave nectar and organic dark chocolate chunks, these scones are low glycemic and still pack a yummy little chocolate punch! Appropriate for breakfast or desert so go ahead and indulge; your family and friends will love you for these! Since they’re low glycemic I don’t mind giving this to our son for dessert, though I don’t make a habit out of it – always striving for balance, right?
- 2 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup coarsely divided dark chocolate chips (70% cocoa)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup agave nectar
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda and sea salt
- In a smaller bowl, combine egg, grapeseed oil and agave
- Mix wet ingredients into dry
- Once blended, add chocolate chunks
- drop ¼ cup round dough onto greased cookie sheet
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes
- Let cool for approximately 30 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!