- Grain Free
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Menus – National
- Gluten Intolerance Group – Safe Chains
- Gluten and cross reactive foods
- Gluten Free booze
- Gluten free children
- Gluten free resources
- How to go Gluten Free
- Is it a healthier diet?
- Potential AutoImmune Disorders
- Safe for Gluten Free Diets
- Unsafe for Gluten-free diets
- Understanding lab results
Sometimes I’m lazier than others about making Sunday a food prep day – I’m a ‘Sunday Funday’ kinda girl so I rarely want to spend the day prepping food for the week. Yesterday was one of those days, so I want something quick and easy to prep that would give us some options throughout the week.
When you’re following a Paleo lifestyle, it’s best to set aside a day where you plan the upcoming week’s meals to avoid being faced with having to prepare a big meal whenever you’re hungry. So yesterday I convinced my fabulous husband to make his ah-mazing slow cooker ribs so we would have leftovers for the week. Along with a 2lb bag of carrots, these ribs make for a perfect meal throughout the week, and they’re super easy to prepare.
Remember, prepping is key to Paleo success, so I would definitely invest in a good slow cooker similar to the one we have which you can find here. It’s relatively inexpensive at only $23.99 and we’ve had ours for years and love it!
So here’s our simple recipe for delicious allergy-free, Paleo ribs! Note – the Paleo BBQ sauce found here works great with these!
Slow Cooker Ribs (Paleo, DF, GF)
- 2 lbs Pork or Beef ribs
- 1/4 Cup Paprika (optional, so remove if avoiding nightshades)
- 1 TBSP Cayenne pepper
- 2 TBSP Fresh ground pepper
- 2 TBSP Sea salt
- 1 TBSP Cumin
- 2 cups water or stock
- Mix spices together and rub onto ribs
- Pour liquid of choice into slow cooker
- Place ribs on top of liquid
- Turn crockpot to low setting and let cook for 8 hours
- Remove from crock pot and serve immediately.