- Food Allergies
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Almond Flour – a bakers alternative
- Celiac disease
- Gluten and cross reactive foods
- Gluten Free booze
- Gluten free children
- Gluten free resources
- How to go Gluten Free
- Is it a healthier diet?
- Potential AutoImmune Disorders
- Safe for Gluten Free Diets
- Unsafe for Gluten-free diets
- Understanding lab results
- GMO Foods & You
- Grain Free
- GF Local
- Stalk Us
- HappyBelly SHOP
A BIG thanks to the Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG) for passing along their list of certified Gluten-free friendly restaurants. This list covers about 200 restaurants throughout the US that have been certified by the Gluten Intolerance Group to meet their standards pf practice in food preparation and handling to ensure safety of cross contamination for those of us with Celiac and Non Celiac Gluten Sensitivity.
Below is a little info on their approval process and here is the link to view the approved restaurants. Bookmark this page and use it when you’re in search of a restaurant that you’re sure will leave you satisfied and safe! My hope is to build out a feature allowing you to search by zip code, but for now, I have the full list on the site.
The GFFS logo displayed in food production facilities, on menus, etc, stands for the independent verification of quality, integrity, and purity of food preparation policies, education and standards. Facilities carrying the GFFS logo represent unmatched reliability and for meeting strict gluten-free standards. GFFS is the only gluten-free food service accreditation program in the world. In working with experts in food preparation – the GFFS is positioned to serve its clients’ needs promptly and efficiently.
BEST PRACTICES FOR GLUTEN-FREE FOOD PRODUCTION AND SERVICE
The following principles apply to maintaining the safety of gluten-free food production and service through this program:
- Principle 1: Prevention of food safety hazards is favored over reliance on corrective actions after problem has occurred.
- Principle 2: Prevention of food contamination in the production of gluten-free foods must encompass all aspects of procurement, processing and delivery of gluten-free foods.
- Principle 3: Worker hygiene, and production and storage area sanitation practices play a critical role in minimizing the potential for contamination of gluten-free foods.
To safe and delicious dining out!
Jennifer Mansfield (333 Posts)
Hi, I'm Jen, and I launched InspiredEats after being diagnosed with several food allergies, and battling auto-immune conditions including Hashimotos, Adrenal Fatigue, Pyroluria and vitamin deficiencies. I have overcome most all conditions by following the Paleo Diet. My hope is to help so many others like me who are suffering and don't understand how to heal. That's the meaning behind my message: Eat.Heal.Thrive.
Follow us by email!
My InstagramI love brussels sprouts! -April by @glutenfreegoodlife "I hope this photo does this dish justice - going with #nofilter on these incredible #brusselsprouts with crispy capers and #bacon from the @the21daysugardetox cookbook. Because everything's better with bacon. 😍 #21dsd #glutenfree #dairyfree #wheatfree #paleo #foodpics #instafood #vegetables #eathealthy #healthylifestyle #eatforhealth #eatwell #livewell #glutenfreegoodlife" via @PhotoRepost_appthe21daysugardetox390Catching a movie with Andy Samberg and the @Drafthouse. #HotRod #LonelyIsland #Do512do512463#dailythanks || Hiking || We never met a hike we didn't like. #gratefulgramrgratitude501When baby Frank was still smaller than me. #tbt #throwback #thursdaymanny_the_frenchie3125115@bigbadchef's pickled strawberries @musictoyourmouth f-yeah chef! I have a new love affair with this fish! Can't wait for Sunday's interview! #austin #pickelingblindedbite102013 Alexana Rose at @musictoyourmouth #glassofalifetime #wine #austinblindedbite30
Search Recipes From Our Fave Allergy-free Sites
Sponsors & Such
- Hey gelato lovers in the Austin area – you’ll want to check this out!
- Photoshopped model appears on the Ellen Show and proves she has very long arms
- Review of Van’s Gluten Free Crackers, Say Cheese!
- High fructose corn syrup, GMO corn and fish bladders in 8 beers you should avoid
- Tips on safe travels for nut allergy sufferers