Green, lean and packed with energy!
This is one of my favorite ways to start the day – keeps my mind clear and gives me great motivation and energy!
I have a Jack Lalane juicer, but I’ve never quite mastered the whole juicing thing. It’s messy, time consuming and typically not worth the hassle, but I love starting my day with a healthy juice or smoothie. So while I wish I could be like so many of you out there who wake up daily and juice your way to a clear day, I just can’t seem to be that girl. But I can be the girl who pops into the local Juiceland or Juicebox and let them help me start my day in a healthy way!
For those days when I’m more motivated or have more time, I whip up this quick and simple green juice smoothie and head off for my day with a healthy immune booster. There are tons of variations to a green juice/smoothie, but this is a favorite of mine.
- handful of greens: spinach, kale, chard or other
- ½ cup of your favorite frozen or fresh organic fruits
- ½ – 1 avocado
- 1-2 cups of almond or coconut milk, OJ and/or water
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed or flax oil (flax oil tends to be less gritty)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- 1 small grated knuckle of ginger, peeled
- Blend all ingredients together in your favorite mixer and enjoy!
- Note: I like to start with the greens and liquid of choice first to make sure they are properly blended before I add all other ingredients.
- My other favorite version: use bananas & strawberries as your fruit and substitute ¼ cup of almond butter or Sunbutter in place of the avocado.
Green breakfast smoothie: Green, lean and packed with energy! This is one of my favorite w… http://t.co/4bF09Zu9pP via @MyInspiredEats