- Food Allergies
- Allergy Alerts
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Almond Flour – a bakers alternative
- Celiac disease
- Gluten and cross reactive foods
- Gluten Free booze
- Gluten free children
- Gluten free resources
- How to go Gluten Free
- Is it a healthier diet?
- Potential AutoImmune Disorders
- Safe for Gluten Free Diets
- Unsafe for Gluten-free diets
- Understanding lab results
- Nut Allergies
- GMO Foods & You
- Grain Free
- How To’s
- Local Gluten Free
- Product Reviews
- Stalk Us
- HappyBelly Sample Box
Green, lean and packed with energy!
This is one of my favorite ways to start the day – keeps my mind clear and gives me great motivation and energy!
I have a Jack Lalane juicer, but I’ve never quite mastered the whole juicing thing. It’s messy, time consuming and typically not worth the hassle, but I love starting my day with a healthy juice or smoothie. So while I wish I could be like so many of you out there who wake up daily and juice your way to a clear day, I just can’t seem to be that girl. But I can be the girl who pops into the local Juiceland or Juicebox and let them help me start my day in a healthy way!
For those days when I’m more motivated or have more time, I whip up this quick and simple green juice smoothie and head off for my day with a healthy immune booster. There are tons of variations to a green juice/smoothie, but this is a favorite of mine.
Green breakfast smoothie
- handful of greens: spinach, kale, chard or other
- ½ cup of your favorite frozen or fresh organic fruits
- ½ – 1 avocado
- 1-2 cups of almond or coconut milk, OJ and/or water
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed or flax oil (flax oil tends to be less gritty)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- 1 small grated knuckle of ginger, peeled
- Blend all ingredients together in your favorite mixer and enjoy!
- Note: I like to start with the greens and liquid of choice first to make sure they are properly blended before I add all other ingredients.
- My other favorite version: use bananas & strawberries as your fruit and substitute ¼ cup of almond butter or Sunbutter in place of the avocado.
Jennifer Mansfield (301 Posts)
Hi, I'm Jen, and I launched InspiredEats after being diagnosed with several food allergies, and battling auto-immune conditions including Hashimotos, Adrenal Fatigue, Pyroluria and vitamin deficiencies. I have overcome most all conditions by following the Paleo Diet. My hope is to help so many others like me who are suffering and don't understand how to heal. That's the meaning behind my message: Eat.Heal.Thrive.
2 comments on “Green breakfast smoothie”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Follow us by email!
Search Recipes From Our Fave Allergy-free Sites
Sponsors & Such
Shop My Amazon Store!
- Product Review: Phoney Baloney Vegan, Gluten-free Bacon
- My experience with a 10 day Raw Foods and Juice Cleanse
- Get “Schooled” with PTO Mom – School food-allergy management plans
- Kid-friendly Chicken with Mole Sauce (Gluten & Dairy free)
- The Truth about Going Gluten-free, from a 3rd grader’s point of view