Every once in a while, a girl needs something sweet.
Adapted from a recipe featured on Facebook, these little gluten & dairy-free Apple & Cinnamon Cookies are to die for! And if you’re following a Paleo diet, they’re an allowed cheat as they’re free of grains, and full of Paleo-approved foods.
Made of apples, almonds, macadamias and coconut, they’re definitely a splurge, but they’re still within the Paleo constraints, and they fit perfectly with a Primal, Gluten-free or Dairy-free lifestyle. They’re going to score low on the glycemic index and will satisfy those occasional cravings when they hit. Some other suggestions include adding raisins, dates or vegan chocolate chips.
- 3 large apples, peeled, and grated
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- A pinch of salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Pre-heat oven to 350f
- Peel & grate apples into a bowl.
- Process almonds and macadamia nuts into a rough crumble, add into the bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Shape into cookies on baking paper (I used egg rings to get them even) and bake for 25-30 minutes – or until edges begin to turn brown.
- Let cool off for 10 minutes and enjoy!