If you follow this site, you know we’re big fans of coconut oil; I use it in smoothies, for most all of my high heat sautéing, as a salve for skin irritations, to soften my hair and more. I’ve written about the many benefits of coconut oil, which you can read here and here’s a quick run down of some of the benefits:
Coconut oil even benefits your skin when applied topically and has been found to have anti-aging, regenerative effects.
So when I ran across this recipe on our favorite Coconut Oil site, Tropical Traditions, I had to share. This is very similar to a treat we make weekly to help us get our daily dose of coconut oil in (shoot for 2 Tablespoons daily) and I can say we’re adding this one to our list! Recipes like this one are a great way to incorporate the daily dosage of coconut oil into your regular routine. Not only do you get the benfits of the coconut oil, but it’s a a tasty treat to boot!
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure honey, liquid stevia or agave nectar
- 1 cup of crushed almonds
- In a saucepan, combine cocoa powder and virgin coconut oil.
- Melt on low heat, stirring continuously
- Add honey and stir for 1-2 minutes until combined
- Remove from heat. Let cool for 1-2 minutes
- Add in almonds
- Line an 8x8 glass dish with parchment paper.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the dish
- Put in the freezer for 30 minutes (or until hard)
- Store in the fridge, otherwise chocolate bark will melt
- Remove from the freezer, break into squares and enjoy!