- Grain Free
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Menus – National
- Gluten Intolerance Group – Safe Chains
- Gluten and cross reactive foods
- Gluten Free booze
- Gluten free children
- Gluten free resources
- How to go Gluten Free
- Is it a healthier diet?
- Potential AutoImmune Disorders
- Safe for Gluten Free Diets
- Unsafe for Gluten-free diets
- Understanding lab results
For those of you who can tolerate nuts, this is a cashew based mock sour cream recipe that’s perfectly suited for gluten free, dairy free, vegan and Paleo diets. It has a hint of sourness and its perfect for dipping raw veggies in, as a topper to tacos, enchiladas, or anywhere that you would have used traditional sour cream.
Cashew ‘Sour Cream’ (GF, DF, Paleo, Vegan)
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1-2 TBSP fresh herbs
- Water to thin
- Place cashews in a cup or small bowl and cover by about 1/2 inch with boiling water.
- Let soak 30 - 60 minutes.
- Drain cashews, reserving the liquid.
- Place cashews in a blender with vinegar, lemon, salt and about 1/4 cup of the soaking liquid.
- Blend until very smooth, adding more water as required to purée the mixture.
0mg cholesterol 60mg sodium 8g carbohydrate (1g dietary fiber, 2g sugar) 5g protein