I’m so excited that my cousin has decided to give the Paleo lifestyle a shot, and from what she’s shared with me so far, she’s feeling great! It’s only been a week for her, but she’s made some pretty incredible looking meals which I’ll be sharing with you. I knew Rita was great in the kitchen, but I had no idea just how good; check out this tasty Shrimp Salad she whipped up in no time and keep an eye out for more of Rita’s Recipes to come.
How amazing to inspire a loved one to make some great health changes; life’s good 🙂
So here you have it – Rita’s Easy Peasy Shrimp Salad. Grab some frozen shrimp, and make some for dinner tonight!
- 6 frozen or fresh shrimp
- 1/2 onion sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 bell pepper sliced lengthwise
- 2-4 Roma tomatoes
- (Can use store bought pico de gallo if preferred)
- Lettuce for salad
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 Lemon for season
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive oil for drizzling on salad
- Heat skillet over high heat
- Thaw frozen shrimp, or prepare fresh shrimp for sautéing
- Reduce heat to medium and place shrimp in pan.
- Toss with coconut oil
- Add sliced onion(leaving a couple slices for pico) and pepper and season with salt & pepper
- Cook shrimp & veggies for 8-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prep the salad by placing lettuce on plate and drizzle with EVOO
- Cut up Roma tomatoes and dice remaining onion
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze 1/2 lemon on tomatoes and onion
- Season pico with salt & pepper
- Once shrimp and veggies are finished cooking, remove from pan and place on top of salad.
- Squeeze remaining half of lemon on top of shrimp
- Top with Pico
This delicious recipe can be made with either fresh or frozen shrimp and is a quick and satisfying meal!