- Food Allergies
- Allergy Alerts
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Almond Flour – a bakers alternative
- Celiac disease
- Gluten and cross reactive foods
- Gluten Free booze
- Gluten free children
- Gluten free resources
- How to go Gluten Free
- Is it a healthier diet?
- Potential AutoImmune Disorders
- Safe for Gluten Free Diets
- Unsafe for Gluten-free diets
- Understanding lab results
- Nut Allergies
- GMO Foods & You
- Grain Free
- How To’s
- Local Gluten Free
- Product Reviews
- Stalk Us
- HappyBelly SHOP
I’m so excited that my cousin has decided to give the Paleo lifestyle a shot, and from what she’s shared with me so far, she’s feeling great! It’s only been a week for her, but she’s made some pretty incredible looking meals which I’ll be sharing with you. I knew Rita was great in the kitchen, but I had no idea just how good; check out this tasty Shrimp Salad she whipped up in no time and keep an eye out for more of Rita’s Recipes to come.
How amazing to inspire a loved one to make some great health changes; life’s good
So here you have it - Rita’s Easy Peasy Shrimp Salad. Grab some frozen shrimp, and make some for dinner tonight!
Rita’s Shrimp Salad (Paleo, GF, DF)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
Serving Size: 1 salad plate
- 6 frozen or fresh shrimp
- 1/2 onion sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 bell pepper sliced lengthwise
- 2-4 Roma tomatoes
- (Can use store bought pico de gallo if preferred)
- Lettuce for salad
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 Lemon for season
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive oil for drizzling on salad
- Heat skillet over high heat
- Thaw frozen shrimp, or prepare fresh shrimp for sautéing
- Reduce heat to medium and place shrimp in pan.
- Toss with coconut oil
- Add sliced onion(leaving a couple slices for pico) and pepper and season with salt & pepper
- Cook shrimp & veggies for 8-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prep the salad by placing lettuce on plate and drizzle with EVOO
- Cut up Roma tomatoes and dice remaining onion
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze 1/2 lemon on tomatoes and onion
- Season pico with salt & pepper
- Once shrimp and veggies are finished cooking, remove from pan and place on top of salad.
- Squeeze remaining half of lemon on top of shrimp
- Top with Pico
This delicious recipe can be made with either fresh or frozen shrimp and is a quick and satisfying meal!
Jennifer Mansfield (302 Posts)
Hi, I'm Jen, and I launched InspiredEats after being diagnosed with several food allergies, and battling auto-immune conditions including Hashimotos, Adrenal Fatigue, Pyroluria and vitamin deficiencies. I have overcome most all conditions by following the Paleo Diet. My hope is to help so many others like me who are suffering and don't understand how to heal. That's the meaning behind my message: Eat.Heal.Thrive.
4 comments on “Rita’s Shrimp Salad (Paleo, GF, DF)”
Pingback: Free Paleo Recipes Book Pdf
Pingback: What To Eat For A Paleo Diet
Pingback: Paleo Bison Steak Recipe
Pingback: scam host
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Follow us by email!
Search Recipes From Our Fave Allergy-free Sites
Sponsors & Such
Shop My Amazon Store!