This is a fave smoothie of mine that helps ward off inflammation and gives a good boost of energy in the morning. For some it’s an acquired taste but I love it; if you find you prefer some almond or rice milk to help add some creaminess to it you can do so, but keep that to a minimum.
Prep, blend and enjoy a delicious and healthy start to your day!
The Green Frothy Dream
- Wash and roughly chop 4-5 large kale or chard leaves (beta carotene, lutein, calcium)
- Quarter and seed 1 apple (antioxidants, fiber)
- Wash and chop 1 carrot, don’ t peel (beta carotene, antioxidants)
- Throw in the blender with ice, water and unpeeled 1 knuckle of ginger (anti- inflammatory)
- Handful of ice & water to blend
- Blend it!
Other variations include adding 2 peaches and ½ pineapple to add a touch of sweetness.