- Food Allergies
- Allergy Alerts
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Almond Flour – a bakers alternative
- Celiac disease
- Gluten and cross reactive foods
- Gluten Free booze
- Gluten free children
- Gluten free resources
- How to go Gluten Free
- Is it a healthier diet?
- Potential AutoImmune Disorders
- Safe for Gluten Free Diets
- Unsafe for Gluten-free diets
- Understanding lab results
- Nut Allergies
- GMO Foods & You
- Grain Free
- How To’s
- Local Gluten Free
- Product Reviews
- Stalk Us
- HappyBelly Sample Box
Just saw this amazing sounding recipe on Whole Foods’ blog thanks to a tweet I can’t vouch for it personally, but it sure sounds amazing. Besides, when has WF steered us wrong?!
This is a perfect treat for Cinco de Mayo -dip tortilla chips or raw veggies into this creamy sauce or use it as you would salsa, spooning it over roast meat or fish.
BLACKENED JALAPENO AND AVOCADO GUACAMOLE
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Calories per serving: 110
Fat per serving: 10
Dip tortilla chips or raw veggies into this creamy sauce or use it as you would salsa, spooning it over roast meat or fish.
- 2 large fresh jalapeÃ±o peppers
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 large Hass avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add jalapeÃ±os and garlic and cook, shaking the skillet often, until tender and blackened on all sides, 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside to let cool.
- Seed and stem jalapeÃ±os then transfer to a food processor along with garlic. Add avocados, lime juice and salt and puree until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a bowl and serve.
Per serving: 110 calories (90 from fat), 10g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 7g total carbohydrate (5g dietary fiber, 1g sugar), 1g protein
Jennifer Mansfield (301 Posts)
Hi, I'm Jen, and I launched InspiredEats after being diagnosed with several food allergies, and battling auto-immune conditions including Hashimotos, Adrenal Fatigue, Pyroluria and vitamin deficiencies. I have overcome most all conditions by following the Paleo Diet. My hope is to help so many others like me who are suffering and don't understand how to heal. That's the meaning behind my message: Eat.Heal.Thrive.
Comments are closed.
Follow us by email!
Search Recipes From Our Fave Allergy-free Sites
Sponsors & Such
Shop My Amazon Store!
- Product Review: Phoney Baloney Vegan, Gluten-free Bacon
- My experience with a 10 day Raw Foods and Juice Cleanse
- Get “Schooled” with PTO Mom – School food-allergy management plans
- Kid-friendly Chicken with Mole Sauce (Gluten & Dairy free)
- The Truth about Going Gluten-free, from a 3rd grader’s point of view