- Grain Free
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Menus – National
- Gluten Intolerance Group – Safe Chains
- Gluten and cross reactive foods
- Gluten Free booze
- Gluten free children
- Gluten free resources
- How to go Gluten Free
- Is it a healthier diet?
- Potential AutoImmune Disorders
- Safe for Gluten Free Diets
- Unsafe for Gluten-free diets
- Understanding lab results
Just saw this amazing sounding recipe on Whole Foods’ blog thanks to a tweet I can’t vouch for it personally, but it sure sounds amazing. Besides, when has WF steered us wrong?!
This is a perfect treat for Cinco de Mayo -dip tortilla chips or raw veggies into this creamy sauce or use it as you would salsa, spooning it over roast meat or fish.
BLACKENED JALAPENO AND AVOCADO GUACAMOLE
Dip tortilla chips or raw veggies into this creamy sauce or use it as you would salsa, spooning it over roast meat or fish.
- 2 large fresh jalapeÃ±o peppers
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 large Hass avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add jalapeÃ±os and garlic and cook, shaking the skillet often, until tender and blackened on all sides, 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside to let cool.
- Seed and stem jalapeÃ±os then transfer to a food processor along with garlic. Add avocados, lime juice and salt and puree until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a bowl and serve.
Per serving: 110 calories (90 from fat), 10g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 7g total carbohydrate (5g dietary fiber, 1g sugar), 1g protein