- Food Allergies
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Almond Flour – a bakers alternative
- Celiac disease
- Gluten and cross reactive foods
- Gluten Free booze
- Gluten free children
- Gluten free resources
- How to go Gluten Free
- Is it a healthier diet?
- Potential AutoImmune Disorders
- Safe for Gluten Free Diets
- Unsafe for Gluten-free diets
- Understanding lab results
- GMO Foods & You
- Grain Free
- GF Local
- Stalk Us
- HappyBelly SHOP
Just saw this amazing sounding recipe on Whole Foods’ blog thanks to a tweet I can’t vouch for it personally, but it sure sounds amazing. Besides, when has WF steered us wrong?!
This is a perfect treat for Cinco de Mayo -dip tortilla chips or raw veggies into this creamy sauce or use it as you would salsa, spooning it over roast meat or fish.
BLACKENED JALAPENO AND AVOCADO GUACAMOLE
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Calories per serving: 110
Fat per serving: 10
Dip tortilla chips or raw veggies into this creamy sauce or use it as you would salsa, spooning it over roast meat or fish.
- 2 large fresh jalapeÃ±o peppers
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 large Hass avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add jalapeÃ±os and garlic and cook, shaking the skillet often, until tender and blackened on all sides, 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside to let cool.
- Seed and stem jalapeÃ±os then transfer to a food processor along with garlic. Add avocados, lime juice and salt and puree until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a bowl and serve.
Per serving: 110 calories (90 from fat), 10g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 7g total carbohydrate (5g dietary fiber, 1g sugar), 1g protein
Jennifer Mansfield (332 Posts)
Hi, I'm Jen, and I launched InspiredEats after being diagnosed with several food allergies, and battling auto-immune conditions including Hashimotos, Adrenal Fatigue, Pyroluria and vitamin deficiencies. I have overcome most all conditions by following the Paleo Diet. My hope is to help so many others like me who are suffering and don't understand how to heal. That's the meaning behind my message: Eat.Heal.Thrive.
Follow us by email!
My InstagramSome deliciously inspiring creations from the long weekend! @_earthyeats @christina_salomone @nourishingessie @gelina_claire @kazziieee @rawbeforefour @s_a_r_a_h_m_b @homa_life @katntloving_earth3967@SMTofficial açai tea green smoothie bowl 🍃🍇☕️ Antioxidant-rich // Cleanses and detoxifies // Increases metabolism // Boosts energy levels // Helps to breakdown fat. Ingredients: 2 cups of spinach 1/2 a ripe mango 1/2 cup of chilled @smtofficial açai tea 1 frozen banana 2 ripe bananas 1 cup of coconut water Directions: blend & top with baby spinach and an edible flower 🌸 @smtofficial açai tea is available from www.skinnymetea.com.au 📷: @theamunch1 DT xdetoxtips426448A decent view to discuss business from. Thanks for the sunshine, Melbourne. ☀🙏healing_belle130919So things just got super weird with @hannibalburess at @moontowercomedy, and we approve. #do512do512794@oddduckaustin grilled venison loin, caramelized sweet potato purée, morels and the best caramelized onion in the world paired with #bridlewood central coast blend 175 #syrahaustinfoodmagazine170Can't sleep? Maybe you need #Chocolate Macaroons... 😴hailmerrysnacks10613
Search Recipes From Our Fave Allergy-free Sites
Sponsors & Such
- Photoshopped model appears on the Ellen Show and proves she has very long arms
- Review of Van’s Gluten Free Crackers, Say Cheese!
- High fructose corn syrup, GMO corn and fish bladders in 8 beers you should avoid
- Tips on safe travels for nut allergy sufferers
- How food affects our mood, and may help fight anxiety