- Food Allergies
- Allergy Alerts
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Almond Flour – a bakers alternative
- Celiac disease
- Gluten and cross reactive foods
- Gluten Free booze
- Gluten free children
- Gluten free resources
- How to go Gluten Free
- Is it a healthier diet?
- Potential AutoImmune Disorders
- Safe for Gluten Free Diets
- Unsafe for Gluten-free diets
- Understanding lab results
- Nut Allergies
- GMO Foods & You
- Grain Free
- How To’s
- Local Gluten Free
- Product Reviews
- Stalk Us
- HappyBelly Sample Box
Admittedly, there aren’t as many resources available (both online and in book stores) regarding the paleo and primal diets, so those of us looking for help with grain-free living have to dig a little further than those of us looking for gluten-free or dairy-free living resources. That said, I have stumbled across a few very good resources that I suggest you explore when considering a grain-free life.
I will post more on this at a later date, but for now I want to highlight a few of my faves for you to browse. Note that they contain fantastic articles, posts, research and recipes to help get you started, and once I have the recipe section launched I will be pulling their posts and recipes in via RSS feeds. For now, you will have to link out to review their content.
On a personal note, this has been the most recent dietary exploration for me, so I am only a month into the grain-free living process (I can’t wait to update you with my progress as I’m sure it will blow me away!). What I can tell you is that so far, it has made the most impact next to removing gluten from my diet; and remember, that was due to an allergy. It’s truly surprising to me how much of a difference it has made given that I am not allergic to grains, but rather, that it is truly a healthier way of life which our bodies were designed for.
I won’t tell you its easy or that it doesn’t take discipline and determination towards a healthier life, but I will say that once you start to feel the changes (took a week for me) you wont want to go backwards. I have aways felt that the small cheats we take here and there are akin to how high atop a ladder you are; if you’ve been allergen-free for some time, you have successfully climbed the health ladder, and each cheat causes you to fall off. The higher you are, the harder you fall. Much as I wish it was the other way, and you could cheat after much time living a cleaner life and result in a slight blip of a reaction, it’s not the case.
What is the case is that the better I feel, the less likely I am to cheat. And that’s a fact!
So, on to the experts of the field, please browse the below and happy exploring!
PaleoPrimal Post is devoted to helping you understand the Paleo and Primal way of life. From daily posts covering recipes and exercise tips to health benefits of various natural supplements and more, its a comprehensive site that will help you along your path of Paleo living!
Mark Sisson states “that he believes fundamentally in taking personal responsibility for everything that has ever happened or will ever happen to you – and this applies to health. I am convinced that this is the best, most proactive, effective way to live life. Now, more than ever, you cannot simply hand over your health to others. Take a look at the news: 40 million on their way to type 2 diabetes, a third of Americans morbidly obese, and on and on. I am passionate about changing this.” Combining modern genetic science with the immutable principles of human evolution, health and fitness expert Mark Sisson presents a revolutionary, easy-to-follow program based on ten Primal Blueprint laws that will change your life forever.
I highly recommend you follow his blog here and be prepared to learn more than you ever imagined about our bodies, how they were structured and what to do to maintain the healthiest way of living. And its incredibly simple!
The Paleo Diet group is not nearly as active on their site as either Mark Sisson or the team behind the PaleoPrimal Post, but they do link to some useful research studies, and are responsive (as are the others) to consumer questions submitted. They also have several books for sale and offer nutritional resources that you might find helpful.
The Paleo Diet, the world’s healthiest diet, is based on the simple understanding that the best human diet is the one to which we are best genetically adapted. It is supported by documented scientific evidence and by real-life improvements, even triumphs, of people winning their personal health battles.
Our mission is…
- To accelerate the widespread recognition of the evolutionary basis for the optimally healthful diet
- To generate publicity, discussion, and research on this topic
- To inspire health-conscious individuals and healthcare practitioners to adopt and recommend this way of eating
- To help people reduce their risk of lifestyle-based diseases
The Paleo Diet team brings together
- Loren Cordain, Ph.D., the world’s leading expert on Paleolithic diets
- Pedro Bastos, completing his M.S. in Human Nutrition and Food Quality, nutrition consultant, researcher, and lecturer from Lisbon, Portugal
- Nell Stephenson, B.S. in Exercise Science, Ironman athlete, personal trainer, and health and nutrition consultant
- Chris LaLanne, health and fitness coach and grand-nephew of legendary health advocate Jack LaLanne
- Maelan Fontes, M.Sc., nutrition and psychoneuroimmunology expert from Spain
Follow us by email!
Search Recipes From Our Fave Allergy-free Sites
Sponsors & Such
Shop My Amazon Store!
- Product Review: Phoney Baloney Vegan, Gluten-free Bacon
- My experience with a 10 day Raw Foods and Juice Cleanse
- Get “Schooled” with PTO Mom – School food-allergy management plans
- Kid-friendly Chicken with Mole Sauce (Gluten & Dairy free)
- The Truth about Going Gluten-free, from a 3rd grader’s point of view